* “We Have Ruined Childhood: For youngsters these days, an hour of free play is like a drop of water in the desert. Of course they’re miserable.” Freedom itself is weirdly out of fashion today, it seems.
* “How Life Sciences Actually Work.” Much more interesting, detailed, and important than you think from the headline.
* Once Upon a Time…Film Critics Became Joyless—A Review. This is me on Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood.
* Sources of sex appeal that have some basis in the literature, although I would want to carefully check the methodology and reproducibility of all those studies before drawing any real conclusions.
* Land of the free, on the history of American nudism. Not prurient, if that is important to you.
* WeWork appears to be a comically bad business, as a potential investment.
* “American cities need to phase out cars.” More of the obvious.
* Why is Joe Rogan so popular? Better than a lot of the commentary on the subject, but still missing important pieces.