* “We Need a New Science of Progress.” Best piece in this batch.
* “What is Amazon?” This is congruent with the link above.
* “Lessons from the East Asian Economic Miracle.” This is congruent with both links above.
* “‘It’s a superpower’: how walking makes us healthier, happier and brainier.” Despite this, for some reason we’ve designed our cities around cars.
* “Stupid, Self-Defeating U.S. Immigration Policy Hands Canada an Opening in Tech.” Obvious to the attentive.
* “Dipsea: the Audio App That’s Transforming Erotica.” This may be a bogus trend story, but it is an interesting one.
* “‘Panic Attack’ review: a wake-up call the woke won’t read.” Surprising venue for this one.
* “Gin, Sex, Malaria, and the Hunt for Academic Prestige.” On Margaret Mead’s many adventures. The degree to which her reputation zooms up and down probably says bad things on the net about anthropology as a discipline; I ordered the book.
* “Spare Me the Purity Racket.” Can I get an “Amen?” “The politics of purism makes people stupid. And nasty.” This is one of the problems in some university precincts, too.
* On Norman Rush. Mating is that good.
* “The SLS rocket may have curbed development of on-orbit refueling for a decade.” This is damned depressing if it’s true.