* Vidya Narayanan: “I’m An Ex-Google Woman Tech Leader And I’m Sick Of Our Approach To Diversity!”
* “83 percent of Bay Area renters plan to leave, says survey.” Makes sense to me. In some ways the Bay Area is the least humane part of the country.
* “The L.A. Rag Trade,” about the deep inside.
* “A comprehensive guide to the new science of treating lower back pain.” More important and better researched than it seems. Oddly, too, I’ve recently begun doing yoga (recommended in the article), and when I tell my friends that they laugh at me.
* “The Unfortunate Fallout of Campus Postmodernism: The roots of the current campus madness.” A point that seems obvious to me yet one rarely hears.
* “The electric bike conundrum,” except it isn’t actually a conundrum and cheap electric bikes may reshape cities.
* 50 years ago and today, a hilarious and also depressing piece.
* Housing costs are the real driver of inequality in America, a theme familiar to regular readers but unfamiliar to many.