* “Make America Mate Again,” very much an underrated issue that has not made it much into the general culture.
* “Anatomy of a Hoax: How the physicist Alan Sokal hoodwinked a group of humanists and why, 20 years later, it still matters.” I’m not sure it does still matter, but it is entertaining!
* “U.S. Says Putin Ordered Broad Campaign of Influence to Help Trump Win Election.” In short, Americans fell for it.
* “How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime.” The secret is unsurprising.
* “He Fixes the Spines of Books, Without an Understudy: Donald Vass has been mending books in the Seattle area for 26 years, but his craft is a fading one.”
* “The Soviet Union Is Gone, But It’s Still Collapsing: And 5 other unlearned lessons from leading experts about modern Russia and the death of an empire.” Better than the title makes it sound.
* “Buffalo Becomes First City to Bid Minimum Parking Goodbye,” good news.
* “Why is it so hard for writers to talk about how much money they make?” Probably because for most the answer is “not much.”