* “How ‘time-saving’ technology destroys our productivity: The endless tasks it can be used to create leave us working longer and longer hours.” Maybe the most important link in this batch. In my own work, I’ve seen this phenomenon and wrote about it in “How computers have made grant writing worse.”
* “Considering the Novel in the Age of Obama,” much better than the title implies but also a good exploration of why most people neither read nor care about “literary” fiction.
* We need a contract for co-parenting, not just for marriage, a point I expect to keep becoming more important over time.
* Roivant, an important pharmaceutical startup that’s trying to cut the time necessary to develop new drugs.
* “America, America,” scary, important.
* Do dating apps fuel a rise in casual sex? Funny story, weak data, the kids today are out of control, just like they’ve always been.
* 2016 was the hottest year on record, surpassing the previous record holder (2015) and the one before that (2014).