* “Writing software is hard,” an important point often not understood by those outside the industry.
* Divorce lawyers explain that divorces are much more similar than different, and yes, they all know that “your ex is an asshole,” just like everyone else’s ex.
* Why some problem cops don’t lose their badges.
* How Vienna produced ideas that shaped the West.
* The Twin Prime Hero: Rags, riches, and fame in mathematics.
* Robin Hanson’s idea trade engagement. I feel bad that I can’t think of good ideas he should blog!
* How Watership Down was written.
* “When city retirement pays better than the job: One in four El Monte residents lives in poverty. Yet taxpayers pay a steep price to fund bonus pensions and other perks for city workers.” I try not to post outrage reads, yet sometimes I can’t resist.
* The red Solo cup is a marvel of modern engineering.
* Women Who Count: 3 Smart STEM Romances.