* How Casper Made $1 Million Selling Mattresses in Its First 28 Days.
* “Here’s What We’ll Do in Space by 2116.” We hope!
* Banned by Tesla: a very bad sign for the company.
* “The unsexy truth about why the Arab Spring failed:” the failure of institutions.
* “The Unlikely Writer: Atul Gawande, ‘slightly bewildered’ surgeon and health-policy scholar—and a literary voice of medicine.” A beautiful piece. Note the role of work. I have an increasing allergy to people who say they are “bad” at writing or math.
* There is almost no diversity in the publishing industry. It’s almost entirely composed of white women. Some of the signaling words in the story are annoying but can be ignored.
* “From liquid air to supercapacitors, energy storage is finally poised for a breakthrough.” An important story. Also: “Welsh home installs UK’s first Tesla Powerwall storage battery.”
* “Unobtainium: The Elements of Power: Gadgets, Guns, and the Struggle for a Sustainable Future in the Rare Metal Age.”
* Solar + Storage, another key piece in the energy infrastructure puzzle.