* “Against the Demonization of Drugs.” Again, this ought to be obvious.
* Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo is an amazing, highly recommended book.
* “‘Homes for human beings’: Millennial-driven anti-NIMBY movement is winning with a simple message.” Good.
* “Mind the gap:” a long, riveting story about how land-use policy scuppered new businesses.
* “Shades of Greene:” Zadie Smith on Graham Greene.
* “Students are leading the assault on free speech — and faculty members and administrators are enabling them.”
* “Why dating is drudgery;” note that the article is in The New Yorker and thus better than its headline may imply.
* “Outbreak: Our Next Global Pandemic.” Be scared.