* “How Trump Is Ending the American Era.” We could also say, “How voters are ending the American era.” If voters are dumb enough to be bamboozled, maybe we deserve neither peace nor prosperity.
* “Chelsea Manning: The Dystopia We Signed Up for.”
* Martin Amis: ‘I miss the English.'” Many of his more recent novels have been tedious but Money is still amazing.
* Leather grown using biotechnology is about to hit the catwalk. Good news is underrated.
* Why Koreans shun the suburbs.
* “Cheaper, Lighter, Quieter: The Electrification of Flight Is at Hand.” Maybe.
* How the media’s “get Clinton” effort led to Trump (a rephrasing of Paul Krugman’s tweet). 2016 was and is really a media failure story.
* As electric motors improve, more things are being electrified.
* “The Sound of Silence:” “There’s too much downside in sharing any opinion that could easily be misinterpreted online. Even facts are dangerous to share if they don’t align with what people want to believe.” Interestingly, the same is true in schools, which is part of the reason so much of school is so drearily tedious.
* “How to Read a Chocolate Bar Label to Buy the Best Chocolate.” Surprisingly useful. Chocosphere is the most useful online retailer for chocolate.