* “Don’t Blame Politics for the Crisis at American Colleges: Campus life has been increasingly riled by controversies over perceived offenses. An administrative culture is partly responsible.” Still, one has to ask: is there a crisis? If so, what is it, and for whom is it a crisis?
* In keeping with the above: “Considerations on cost disease.” A much more vital essay than its title, maybe, suggests.
* A useful reminder: “Ordinary Americans Carried Out Inhumane Acts For Trump.”
* I Helped Create the Milo Trolling Playbook. You Should Stop Playing Right Into It. From Ryan Holiday of Trust Me, I’m Lying fame. We are easily manipulated, myself likely included.
* “Garry Kasparov, a top Putin critic, on how to oppose Trump: ‘making him look like a loser is crucial.'”
* Stan Smith knows you think he’s just a sneaker, a very weird and fascinating story.
* “Love is like cocaine.”