* “We’re about to see states’ rights used defensively against Trump,” a frequently misunderstood point.
* “Russia and the Threat to Liberal Democracy: How Vladimir Putin is making the world safe for autocracy.” File under, “Headlines I never thought I’d see.”
* GM begins delivering the first Chevy Bolts. Good news and an important milestone.
* Doug Lemov on reading, a podcast.
* “Why So Few Resisted Hitler,” which has striking applications today.
* “Los Angeles Drivers on the 405 Ask: Was $1.6 Billion Worth It?” The answer is “probably not,” and we can never build enough freeways because of induced demand. The only real way to improve transport is via subways.
* “Will the man running a sex party like a startup be able to leave anyone satisfied?” I would love a two-year moratorium on the word “disrupt” and ideally for the word “startup” to mean what it actually means.