* “A C.I.A. Grunt’s Tale of the Fog of Secret War;” the book is Left of Boom and it looks interesting, though I don’t plan to read it because I already agree with its likely conclusions.
* Why college costs are increasing, part #527. See also “When there are too many administrators, which ones do *you* fire?”
* Krugman: “Cities for Everyone.”
* “Pleasing the Masses: Jimmyjane took vibrators from sleazy to chic — now, can it take them mainstream?” I think the writer’s name is a pseudonym.
* “My biggest regret as a programmer,” which is more universally applicable than the title suggests.
* “The sugar conspiracy: In 1972, a British scientist sounded the alarm that sugar – and not fat – was the greatest danger to our health. But his findings were ridiculed and his reputation ruined. How did the world’s top nutrition scientists get it so wrong for so long?”
* “The Panama Papers Actually Reflect Pretty Well on Capitalism,” though seemingly no one has noticed.