* Tyler Cowen in conversation with Luigi Zingales, by far the best link in this set.
* “We’re heading Straight for AOL 2.0.” Except for me: I’m still using blogs when no one else is.
* “The Future of New York City Transportation: Goodbye Cars, Hello Rails: Young people are driving the city towards a carless future.”
* “Did Scarlett Thomas Miss Her Chance? What happens when the stars don’t align for a gifted novelist.” I find these “dark matter” stories as fascinating if not more so than the major success stories.
* Maybe this global slowdown is different; the de-materialization angle, particularly in conjunction with the proliferation of buying off the Internet, is particularly plausible.
* “There Is No Excuse for How Universities Treat Adjuncts.” Except, you know, supply and demand.
* “America’s Fragile Constitution: The Founders misread history and established a dysfunctional system of government. A case for a little less reverence.” Or, things I’d never considered and now can’t un-consider.