* “The U.S. patent system inhibits cancer vaccine development.”
“‘It’s a circle of hell there’s just no way out of,’ Schochet said. ‘I paid it as long as I could.’”
* “Spy Kids,” and the fate of spy apparatuses that depend on cultural concepts long dead in most of American and Western life.
* “The Gender Wage Gap Lie: You know that “women make 77 cents to every man’s dollar” line you’ve heard a hundred times? It’s not true.” Is anyone surprised?
* “If it were cheaper to build apartments the rent would be lower.” This is obvious but bears repeating.
* “DJ Taylor: ‘I set out with every intention of just being a novelist. But then I got diverted …’”
* “The Jong and the Restless: Fear of Flying, forty years on.”
* The Turpentine Effect, a brilliant post with an unfortunate title that makes it less likely you’ll read.