* “A Rare (Earth) Case of Wisdom,” or “markets work.” That the latter is still worth saying in 2014 is distressing.
* “The Boardroom and the Bedroom: How both dating and finance have been screwed by the Internet” is entertaining throughout but consider that both may raise the returns to people with long-term orientations as all the short-term oriented people flee the market. Plus those who tire of volatility will return to fundamentals. Who has written the Random Walk Down Wall Street of dating? I only invest in index funds.
* Falling short: seven writers reflect on failure.
* “Public Transit: All About Density.” Supporting dense development means supporting the environment.
* “Why Schools Can’t Teach Sex Ed in the Internet Age,” and, perhaps relatedly though on another site, “Everybody Sexts.”
* Markets matter in general and mating markets matter in particular.
* Canon G7-X review; I have an RX-100, bought used, and it is excellent.