* “The Unsafe Feminist: Rebecca West and the ‘Bitter Rapture’ of Truth.” A good intro: “In an era when indulgent university administrators and professors treat students like spoiled children, one longs for intellectuals who address their audience as adults.”
* Law schools are bad for democracy. And many other things.
* “How Hermann Hesse became a hero of the Sixties counterculture.” I read this as comedy.
* Columbus is doing really well, but if it doesn’t develop a rail system it will choke on its own traffic—like Nashville.
* The U.S. Appetite for Sugar Has Skyrocketed, with bad consequences.
* “Number of babies born in Japan is the lowest since records began.” Pretty distressing, if you think about it.
* “Direct Instruction: A Half Century of Research Shows Superior Results.” Yet it may implicitly lower the status of teachers, so guess how much uptake of this method has occurred?
* True Things About Me by Kay Davies, a book you should read.