* “Somewhere at Google there is a database containing 25 million books and nobody is allowed to read them.”
* For real innovation, try a desktop PC. In my view desktops have been underrated for a long time and along many dimensions.
* “We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2: Carbon dioxide has not reached this height in millions of years.”
* What effect does the persistence of media artifacts have on college students?
* “The Nightmare Scenario for Florida’s Coastal Homeowners: Demand and financing could collapse before the sea consumes a single house.” Definitely one of those, “Don’t say we didn’t warn you” scenarios.
* Remember When Popularity Was Cool? Now It’s Just Work.
* “A Requiem for ‘Girls,’” a more interesting piece than it sounds. I watched the first few episodes of Girls with a woman who observed that all of the characters need to get jobs.
* “The Afterlife of F. Scott Fitzgerald.”
* “The Crisis of Western Civ:” “Now various scattered enemies of those Western values have emerged, and there is apparently nobody to defend them.” Except me, maybe.