* “Many men still buy into a false definition of power: feeling obligated to earn money that someone else spends while we die sooner—5.2 years sooner. That’s not power. That’s being a prisoner of the need for love and approval.”
* An interview with Peter Watts.
* “Are you sitting comfortably?” Which reminds me, I need to post a review of the Herman Miller Embody.
* “Dead Media Ain’t Dead: NYT Strikes,” which is on marketing and many other subjects that normally don’t interest me but damn this is compelling.
* An examination of three books criticizing the Ivy Leagues; I am pre-disposed to like them, but see Derek Huang’s comment here.
* The Economist favors legalizing prostitution.
* “What is it like to be a hot girl?”
* Beowulf and the tension between Paganism and Christianity, which is a major topic in Sexual Personae and still an unreconciled (and perhaps unreconcilable) force in contemporary life.
* Calling all sad clowns: David Weigel on fame and depression.